Photobucket

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Runny Babbits


Or bunny rabbit! Whichever you prefer.
I prefer the runny babbit for the humor. Just one of the many funny terms/phrases I picked up from my dad. 

When I was a kid we raised rabbits. Each of us kids had our own. My sister had a chinchilla colored one(can't remember the name), my brother had a solid black one(Mr. Black), and I had a albino white one with red eyes(Snoball). 

Loved my rabbit! One of my chores was to make sure the rabbits had plenty of food and water daily. 

We raised the rabbits for food--we never ate our pets, we are their offspring. Just one of the many wonderful creatures that the Lord provides for nourishment.  Some people eat fish, or deer, when I was a kid we ate rabbit--tastes like chicken! That's not just a phrase--it's true! Actually rabbit is better than chicken. 

My daughter is a huge animal loving kid. Not too many animals she doesn't like. We have two dogs, a cat, a Oscar, my son has a bearded dragon, and we have not one but 2 rabbits. 

After careful consideration we purchased a little black Netherland Dwarf last year around mid April or early May. The lady we got her from wasn't sure but thought the bunny might be pregnant.  Well, fast to June--and we have a baby! Just 1! I was a little surprised-most rabbits have a litter 4-6 babies. Nope, she just had 1. 

What a fabulous Science--daily science class she has!  She isn't going to learn about rabbits daily in public school. She's not going to have one on one or hands on learning with rabbits in public school. 

She has raised and taken care of her baby bunny since he was big enough to be in his own cage.  It's been so much fun for our whole family to watch him grow.  It's been the best home school unschool experience our family has had. 

What a blessing to be able to have this experience with our family!

Meet Olaf! Here he is about 3 weeks old! 

4 1/2 weeks

6weeks




No comments:

Post a Comment